Some Istanbul Photos


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
September 9th 2006
Published: September 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello readers,
We wanted to share some photos from our Istanbul travels. Enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Blue MosqueBlue Mosque
Blue Mosque

Here is a picture of the Blue Mosque, taken our first full day in Istanbul. Our hotel was just around the corner from it. We are standing at the Hagia Sophia and looking towards the mosque.
Overlooking the BoshporousOverlooking the Boshporous
Overlooking the Boshporous

We're also using this as our portait on the site--Wendy and Adrienne at the Genoese Castle on the Asian side of Istanbul. We took a cruise up the Bosphorous Strait, and the ferry stopped at this spot in the middle of our journey, at the upper end of the Bosphorous. We are overlooking the Black Sea in this photo.
Parlor at Kybele CafeParlor at Kybele Cafe
Parlor at Kybele Cafe

We stopped here for cappuccino after a long day of sight seeing. This cafe and hotel is covered in lamps made of recycled glass. And yes, we bought a few.
Dinner and goofinessDinner and goofiness
Dinner and goofiness

Adrienne and Wendy at Cennat having dinner. They made us wear these goofy fez hats with veils, but everyone else was doing it so we didn't look too ridiculous. We sat on cushions on the floor and had some amazing food that the cooks dropped down on trays from a hole in the ceiling.


11th September 2006

Nice Hats!
Sorry, but you look goofy to me. Hey, who's taking these pictures of you two, anyway? I guess after your adventures in Moldova, eating food dropped from a hole in the ceiling probably seems rather ho-hum to you. Can't wait to see and hear more about your travels. We miss you!

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb