Cruise - Istanbul, Turkey


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
September 15th 2011
Published: January 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today has been awesome. We woke up docked in Istanbul, Turkey and from our cabin balcony could see the historic centre - plus there was loads of dolphins swimming along side the ship! Istanbul looked really nice, the sun was shining already, there looked like lots for us to see and it was so, so busy. Lots of small boats were passing us to get from one side of the city to the other. It looked really exciting. So after one last big breakfast on the ship we left the Royal Caribbean boat and headed for our hotel in Istanbul. Unfortunately it was pretty far from the centre, but at least we got to see some of the other parts of the city. We checked in and then headed back to Sultanahmet, the historical area. We had to go on a bus and a boat to get there!

There were SO many tourists in the area, it was all a bit chaotic but I really liked that. I got to do lots of people watching today. Turkey seems different to anyway else I've been. Definately hotter and got lots of nice smelling foods. There were lots of birds too - I liked them.

We spent the day just walking around the old city, getting lost (or as mummy and daddy like to say - exploring!) and going through a HUGE bazaar. We went to the Aya Sofya, but we preferred the Blue Mosque. Men were in prayer when we arrived there so I got to play with mummy and daddy in my buggy before we looked at it.

On the way back to the hotel we went on a boat and bus again. I really enjoyed the boat this time because we went outside and I got to see loads of fish!

What a great last day of our trip! Tomorrow we fly home and can start planning our next adventure!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb