The best thing about only having one pair of jeans is that you never take off your party pants.


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Cappadocia
April 5th 2005
Published: April 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello boys and girls! It's Liz here, sitting in a smoky internet cafe in glorious, beautiful, SUNNY Antalya -- a welcome change after a week spent shivering in the snow. Yes, it's April in Turkey, and snowing. I don't get it either.

We spent five days in Istanbul, during which time we somehow managed to hit all the main draws (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofya, Basilica Cistern etc.) while coping with perpetual hangovers. We fell in lust wıth the Grand Bazaar, and as a result Pia now has 14 lovely new pairs of earrings, some of which may (but probably won't) make it into the hands of friends. We each picked up a pair of fake Pumas, so I'm feelıng quite trendy indeed -- Mine are frog green, and beautiful. Feel free to mock mercilessly.

After a whirlwind of culture and partying in Istanbul, we opted for a two day tour of Cappadocia, which was well worth it, if just for the organization. The ground was absolutely covered in snow when we arrived, so we really needed a guide to provide us with the motivatin to leave the hotel room and get out to do some hiking, which was tres cool. The terrain was completely other-worldly. The rock formations and cave dwellıngs (we stayed in a cave hotel!!) made it seem like we were in a Star Wars movie or something. We visited an underground city too, which was really interesting. Sadly, Pia's digital camera crapped out, so we won't be able to post pictures, but we were completely impressed. Probably would have stayed another few days had the weather been a bit better.

Now we're in Antalya, staying in an adorable little family-run pension just steps from the water. It's so warm and picturesque here... very postcard-y.

Alright, my internet time appears to be drawing to a close, so I shall cut this short. I hope everyone is well at home. To those of you in school, best of luck in exams. Remember, whenever you're studying, I'm probably laying on a beach. Suckers!

Love to all,

Liz


PS - I should mention how incredibly friendly everyone is here... for the first time since we started travelling, we've actually managed to befriend locals, not just other backpackers. We Heart Turks!


Advertisement



7th April 2005

Hmmm....
....no pics? :( - Lorrie
7th April 2005

Hmmm...
....no pics? :(
7th April 2005

Still Having Fun
Hi Liz Liz and Pia Liz- sounds like you are still having a lot of fun.Miss your photos. What happened to Pia's digital camera ? When are you guys going to Greece ? Anyway -take care, have fun, enjoy the moment(s) and be safe. Miss you lots. GT - gt

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb