Back to the field


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Ankara
June 30th 2008
Published: June 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we had a prep day and registration for the Worlds and did some practise flying. The day was going well till Joe buried his plane in the trees (Small poplar used for pulp). Some damage but he seems to feel it is fixable. I guess it was a misjudgment on his approach.
We had the opening ceremonies and all marched on to the field in our own respective countries. It was quite well done and I will post the video on this when I return. Sorry for no pictures. I have had no time to get to it. We are going to be having some early mornings and late nights as there is flying from 8am to 7pm daily for the next 5 days.
We have recruited Marco from the German team to help us as a second towman. He seems like a pretty sharp 18year old and has lots of experience on the field.
The Mornings are very muggy with the moisture on the field. It was in the 30's again today but there is always a breeze in the afternoon.
Its 630 and time to get going. Hope all is well and see you in a week.

bfkjfuwkeub hegjoieroi jfi operiwpeojnvsl (If you can sound this out you are will be able to understand turkish NOT!!!)
P

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb