From Dahab to Wadi Rum


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » South » Wadi Rum
August 28th 2018
Published: September 14th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today, was a travel day as we left our tropical paradise of Dahab to the secluded desert of Wadi Rum.



The Ferry from Nuweiba to Aqaba

From Dahab, the group drove to the ferry terminal in Nuweiba. We said goodbye to our Egyptian tour guide and after going through customs we left to board the ferry. From Nuweiba we took the ferry leaving for Aqaba, which only departs when it is full. So we unfortunately had to wait a long time on the ferry before it left. There was not much to do on the ferry except wait, sleep and read. The group was relieved when we finally reached Aqaba. We did not reach Aqaba until late in the evening. In Aqaba, we met up with our Jordanian tour guide and other tourists who were joining us to explore Wadi Rum and Petra with us.



Aqaba

In Aqaba we bought a couple of snacks and water as it is a lot cheaper in Aqaba than the rest of Jordan. Then it was finally time for the group to head to our desert camp in Wadi Rum for Dinner.



Wadi Rum

In Wadi Rum, we had an amazing authentic Jordanian Barbeque cooked in an underground oven under the beautiful quiet desert sky. After Dinner, we spent a couple of hours enjoying our time by the fire under the starry sky. Then we headed off to bed. It was a great end to a unfortunately long ferry ride day. Tomorrow. we get to explore Wadi Rum on a Jeep Safari and then we head over the famous Petra. I can not wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb