Red Sea and Meeting the Bedouins!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Sinai » Dahab
August 27th 2018
Published: July 19th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Snorkeling by the Red Sea

Our first stop this morning was snorkeling by the Red Sea. I found snorkeling in the Red Sea intimidating and a little scary. There was a strong current pushing me towards the reef and I admit that I am not the best swimmer. I ended up cutting myself on the reef and decided not to go back in the water due to the strong current. Nevertheless, other travelers in the group said that they had an amazing experience snorkeling and would highly recommend it.

I think Dahab would be a great area to visit for more experience swimmers. Dahab is known as the site for the "Blue Hole" nicknamed the worlds most dangerous diving site. It is also home to the "Canyon" another internationally famous dive site. It is one of the cheapest areas to get your diving certification.

After our snorkeling adventure, we headed back to our hotel. We lounged by the pool and explored the town. In the evening we headed to our first official Bedouin Dinner

Bedouin Dinner

We traveled by 4 wheel drive towards a Bedouin Camp in the the mountains. At the camp we got to meet some local Bedouins and learn about their culture. We also had some delicious Bedouin Tea which is made from black tea with desert herbs like marmaraya and habak (flavours similar to thyme and mint). We enjoyed a Bedouin barbecue under the clear night sky by the light of a million desert stars. It was peaceful and haunting at the same time and marked a great end to our time in Egypt. Tomorrow, we are catching a ferry to Jordan and then heading to Wadi Rum. Onto another adventure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Bedouin DinnerBedouin Dinner
Bedouin Dinner

Full Moon


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0993s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb