Summary?


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Center District
October 1st 2010
Saved: September 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

It is already almost 3 months that we are back in Israel...

On one hand, we are still settling down and many things are new or yet to be done (changing address with all service providers, registering with healthcare system, insurances, taxes and so on - the list seems to be endless). On the other hand, we do run a "normal" routine Israeli life with kids going to school every morning, going to their activities in the afternoons, shopping every week etc. so the trip already seems to be a distant memory from a previous life...
I guess time has this elusive feeling it can stretch and stretch and then shrink within a moment into a memory and no more.

3 months and we have not ridden any bus, nor did we go on any special attraction (if one do not count moving into a new house as a special attraction). We have been once to the beach and we even rode our bikes a few times (nothing longer than 15 minutes...) but no waterfalls, no animals, no restaurants, no markets etc.

Many are asking us to summarize our travel in different ways, like "how did the trip change you"? "what is the main thing you take from the trip"?, "what is the best place you have been to"?, "what is the main thing you have learned about your children from the trip"? etc. etc. Very good questions I must say, some were even surprising - as I would never thought about them.

In general I can say the trip has not changed us dramatically, we are not 'enlighted' now, we are not any more religious than we were before, we do not worship any spirits nor have we became vegetarian, drug users, smokers or hippies. Our current life style is very similar to our life in Israel 3 years ago and even to our life in Barcelona.

Nevertheless, I think we all have different proportions about things in life and about what we need vs. what we want, about being modest and happy with as little as one have. We, the adults, had more time to think and talk about future, about how we educate and support our children, about what we want to do and what we do not want to do - and I truly believe that these are discussions and thoughts we would otherwise not have. we could look at our life from "a distance" and make sure it is going where we want it to go.

Our journey is not something one could summarize nor measure - it is an experience that is now quietly "nesting" inside each of us, it is part of us and it will surely impact our years to come.

All in all - we had a wonderful year, very relaxed and happy with lots of time to be together, to smile, to laugh, to swim, to admire the nature around us, to see beautiful places, to watch people, to appreciate cultures, to learn languages and much more.




Does anyone needs more than that in life? isn't this enough as a summary?

We have been lucky to have had the opportunity to do this trip, we were strong enough to go with our dream and against our fears and leave behind us the comfort life we had and go for the unknown, knowing that even if we stand to the difficulties in the journey itself, there would be nothing waiting for us at its end. We are happy for that and proud for that. The only void we now have is we have not yet defined our next dream...

We will be happy to assist to anyone thinking of making anything similar, we already had a few people contacting us, and it is of great pleasure to help. We too might have not embarked on this adventure without the great aid we got from a few families who traveled before, and mainly the Hazak family - Thank you very very much Sigal and Ariel.

For all of you who read our blogs along the way, commented, sent messages - TONS OF THANKS!. It was a great help, we knew people care for us, we learned to further appreciate how great are our family and friends - supporting us all along the way and waiting for us to return healthy and happy. I am sure that without your support, we could not have completed this journey and enjoy it as much as we did. We could not have fulfilled our dream.



Thank you all and wishing you all - dream fulfillments!!!

Lilach, Tal, Nitzan, Omer and Shachar

Our Web Site - YeladimBeTarmil


Or write us: lilach.sapir@yahoo.com

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

23rd October 2010

Welcome back to us
Dear Lilach, Tal, Nitzan, omer and Shachar, We are happy to have you back here in Israel after 3 long years. We missed you a lot all through the long journeys (do not forget Barcelona), tried visit while wecould (who else of your friends has been twice in Hezegovina street?) and thought of you constatntly, however you being so far from Israel. I beleive that althugh you assume to be quite the same people, it seems different from our prespective (it is still 1,000 days path), especially while looking at your kids - all of them were so young and now Nitzan is a young woman, Omer is so mature and even Shachar (who almost did not talk before your departure to Barcelona) is now such a "wordy" kid. We here seem to change some, of course, although being in the normal routine of family-work etc.... We feel very proud for you and know (like you wrote in your LinkedIn profile), that not everyone live their dreams as you did (and we beleive that you will keep on doing that from time to time, knowing you so well). We wish you all the best, that you will find peace, succeed in everything you do and that you find us for you whenever you wish to. Love you, Karen, Lior, Roy, Ido, Rotem and Omer
23rd October 2010

Is that all?
I have to say that thinking of the recent year, I'm not sure who will be missing it more - you or me - as I was so eager to receive the "New Blog Entry" notifications on my gmail, reading and almost "living" your dream as if I was there with you. I have to admit that your last entry made me think "what is really my dream" that I want to fulfill....seems like I don't have a real good answer and I need to do some "homework" to find it out. J. Lenon commented once that "life is what is actually happens while we making our plans...." - I'm gald that you proved him wrong...and you lived up to your dreams.... And last but not least - I urge you to work on the "The Sapir Family - Fulfilling Dreams"'s book.....
24th October 2010

do what you want to do
Hello, all 5 of you. We enjoyed your blog a lot and admired you for going for your dreams and take the risk of ending with nothing. We can learn a lot from you. Hope to see you in Israel Mario, Sabine, Jessie & Mona
30th October 2010

Hi Nitzan
Hi Nitzan I'm glad to know that your all settled in. How is school going? Shaila
28th December 2010

Enjoyed your trip
Just wanted you to know that we miss your adventure. Hope you are settling in and happy at home. You'll need to take a weekend trip so you can write about it. When we finished our around the world trip I found that it took over a year to absorb all that we had seen and done. Are you finding that? Happy Holidays, MJ and Dave

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb