Italy


Advertisement
Europe
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was a full day of sightseeing. We are totally exhausted. Lots and lots of walking. My feet, legs and back hurt. Some other peopl on the tour feel as I do that the pace is very fast and had we known we might have picked another tour. Maybe it is just Rome. There is so much to see. You really could spend ten days here and still not see everything. You forget how old the city is. Every building is old, streets are very narrow, their are ruins wherever you go. It is a beautiful city. The Umbrella Pine trees are beautiful and plentiful around the city. I wish we could have spent more time at each place taking our time to really see it fully.

Started at the Vatican and Sistine Chaple. Cannot take pix inside the chapel but have pix of other Fresco paiintings. We went to St. Peter's Square next. The Bisilica was closed because the Pope was there for the first time this summer. Because the Basilica was closed we did not see the Pieta. We did, however see the Pope. From the Vatican we went to the Coloseum and the Roman Forum. Only one picture from the Forum because my camera ran out of juice :-(

We went to the hotel for a couple of hours to rest and then on a Roman Highlights Tour which included a stroll through the historical center of Rome: The Trastevere and its Basilica of Santa Maria, The Pantheon, and the Piazza Novona.

Tomorrow we leave for Florance. It should be an easier day as it is a long drive from Rome. Stopping at Pisa for photo opportuity on the way.

Ciao for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



26th September 2012

Pope sighting!
That's too bad about the fast pace, but sounds like you saw a lot in one day. Too bad you couldn't go inside the Basilica. If you go to Milan, you should definitely get inside the Duomo. Spectacular. Light a candle. I went inside churches all over the place. That photo of you in front of the Trevi Fountain...you were probably facing one of the hotels I stayed at when I was in Rome. Lots of activity at night. Ciao!
26th September 2012

whew
I feel tired myself just looking at all you did here. Thanks for taking the time to post all this for all of us who are back here waiting to "travel" with you. God bless
27th September 2012

Whew!
No wonder you're tired! The pix are spectacular and show just how much ground you covered. I am sure you are all rested up and loving Florence. Much more leisurely pace and so beautiful! Enjoy... And keep these great updates coming please.

Tot: 0.452s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb