Paris - Day 2


Advertisement
Europe
November 30th 2010
Published: December 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ah - another morning with a good cup of tea!

Today we went to the Musée d'Orsay, an alternative to the Louvre Museum. Kids were about 20% interested, adults a bit more so. Saw some great works of artsamongst the rest that we tended to zone out on. There's only so much of this one can handle. After all, I probably only visit a museum or art gallery in Australia once every 6 months at most. So we are learning to get to the highlights quickly and be prepared to skip a lot. A lunch break in the middle helped.

Saying all that, it was great to see, face-to-face, original paintings by Monet, Manet, Degas, Renoir, Cezanne, Seurat, Gauguin and Van Gogh. A lot of my old high school art classes started coming back to me.

After that, we crossed the river Seine to the Champs Elysees avenue that leads up to the Arc De Triumph. Kids and I had a ride on a huge Ferris Wheel that lights up nicely at night. Enjoyed looking at all the street stalls, and ate at a nearby restaurant. Grabbed the tour bus (we bought 2 day tickets) and did an evening tour back to Notre Dame and back to the apartment.

Updated: Photos added


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Notre DameNotre Dame
Notre Dame

but no hunchback


Tot: 0.314s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb