Paris - Day 1


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
November 29th 2010
Published: December 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ah - finally - a cup of tea in the morning!! Boy have I missed that. Apartment is very quiet and we all slept in. First order of the day was shopping. Eileen and the girls went for food, and Daniel and I went for a new camera. We were recommended FNAC for the camera. Quite an impressive shop for all electronic foods, but stayed focused and got the camera. We then met back at the apartment for a quick lunch.

Walked to the Notre Dame to get on the tour bus. Patches of snow around and it was very cold. The bus is an open top. Eileen and the kids lasted about 15 minutes but I was determined to make the most of it. However, after about 30 minutes my hands and feet started to hurt and I had to go down.

We got off at the Eiffel tower and walked up to the second level. Great views but there was a bit of fog so couldn't see too far at times. After having a bit of lunch and watching a video display, we took the lift back down (yes - getting a bit lazy, but when its cold and damp - who cares!).

There was a lot of street sellers around selling mini Eiffel Towers. Kids were negotiating 5 for 1 euro and suddenly all the sellers started running off. The one we were talking to told the kids to keep them and ran off. Then we noticed three soldiers walking up with rifles!! A regular site around the city. And here we were we scared them off with our haggling powers!

Getting dark and cold so got back on the bus and headed back to the apartment for dinner.

Update: Photos added


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



6th December 2010

Holiday Snaps
Aaahhhhh - so great to see the photo's. Love the blogs but the photo's are what make it so great....... Keep having fun.

Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb