Last day in Berlin


Advertisement
Europe
May 26th 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Berlin has been officially conquered by the master travelers that are Garett Odom and Billy Jones.
I went on a solo mission to the parliament building which has a huge spiraling dome at the top of the building that overlooks the entire city, as well as parliament proceedings in progress - for improved transparency of the German government. Was moved to tears several time in the city, at checkpoint charlie and at a jewish memorial sculpture. so many attrocities have occurred literally in the middle of this city, yet one can hardly tell anymore. sections of the berlin wall still stand (i actually got a piece of it) next to museums and business buildings.

Went to the pergamon museum of ancient history, which houses actual sections of ancient sacrificial temples in rome and mesopotamia. Museum has artifacts dating back to almost 9000 BC, was truly incredible.

Yes, pictures will eventually come, but i couldn't do them from this hostel in berlin at all. Made many friends here - there is a free keg in the basement bar at 8 every night. Mack randomly showed up in Berlin last night and we went out to a couple of local bars with him. He is planning on meeting us in Munich in a few days.

As for now, we are off to prague for 4 nights. Staying in another youth hostel which have all been surprisingly nice. The only annoyance is people coming in late at night and waking up early in the morning. i haven't shaved, but i've washed all my clothes in the sink. staying healthy and experiencing so much. much love


Advertisement



27th May 2010

Wonderful Holiday
Hope you continue to have a great holiday. much love to you.

Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb