Day 4 - Circus hostel berlin


Advertisement
Europe
May 23rd 2010
Published: May 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,

sorry for the lack of updates. this keyboard is in german so from now on, so some of my y's will be z's and vice versa ha.
i can't figure out how to upload pictures on this computer but i have some prettz good ones both amsterdam and berlin.

We ended up stazing in amsterdam for three nights. the first day we got there we just checked into the nearest zouth hostel and crashed until about 10pm. Our fellow travelers woke us up and invited us to a sex show in the red light district. i am aware of my audience, so i wont go into details but it was quite shocking to say the least.

Days 2 and 3 were spent completely on bikes just riding around holland, we tried to venture out to the countrz side to find some windmills, but were unsuccessful. saw some of the local ones though. however, we covered the entire town in those 2 days and saw a wonderfully eccentric and quaint town where nowhere seems to work. visited the 'hortus botanicus,' which houses over 70000 species of plant life. had 5 greenhouses which each represented a different type of climate, (jungle, desert, etc)... got lost in there for a few good hours. rode through all the major parks, where people start drinking and smoking at 3 in the afternoon. however, everything is VERY clean despite the liberal attitudes of the city. Didnt take advantage of the museums or anything there but saw so much cool stuff in the city that i canät complain.

Hopped on an earlz train to berlin, was about 7 hours on the train but got to see some wonderful countryside. watched uefa league championship last night, met some locals and got invited to a private party in a secret underground location. An american female rap artist named 'bad kat' was the entertainment of the night at said location. woke up this morning, took a 5 hour bike tour of berlin.
saw fragments of the berlin wall, checkpoint charlie, had lunch at a biergarten (beer garden), rode through royal hunting grounds, and saw some incredible archetecture. hopefully i can get these pictures up soon.

thats all for now. in berlin for 3 more nights, then taking a night train to prague. miss you all


Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb