Day 1


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 19th 2010
Published: May 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 - 7-:45 PM - Flying Pig Youth Hostel, Amsterdam.

Arrived in Amsterdam at 2:45 PM (5:45AM in Texas), somehow managed to buy a train ticket to central station. Wandered aimlessly after getting off the train, asking random people where the "flying pig hostel" was and eventually just accidentally found it. Put our stuff away in our 16 person hostel room with bunk beds. However, the entire place is crawling with people speaking languages I cant understand.

Definitely was in cultural shock for the first 3 or 4 hours, and definitely almost got hit by at least 5 bicycles. Taking a brief break right now, after trying unsuccessfully for a little while to buy a map of europe. We are actually going to plan out the trip with a pen and highlighter. Route to come soon.

Tomorrow we are going to rent bikes and go site seeing in the city, perhaps visit the Heineken brewery. I can still hardly believe that I am here.

Miss all of you

Advertisement



19th May 2010

You made it!!!!
Glad you are ok and are there safe and sound! Rest and get your "Europe Legs" going. Watch the bikes and riding the bike to the Heineken might not be the greatest idea knowing you and Garett! Love you Bubba!!!!
19th May 2010

MISS YOU
"Flying Pig Hostel" what is the smell like?? When you go to the dirty district will you take pictures my mom said its CRAZY!!! BE SAFE BILL!
20th May 2010

FIRST
Yo biobro, be safe, fire up that latitude and hit me on BB messenger with insider deets. Stay fly, Ryan

Tot: 1.784s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 1.2808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb