Ldn


Advertisement
Europe
June 21st 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

big Ben big Ben big Ben

The London eye is in the background for you too
Hey hey, so it's been a while and I already tried to load this up but I lost it... Anyway so this is my update for London town... Both mum and I have been to London before, so had ticked off majority of the touristy stuff on previous visits...

We headed to westminster abbey first off as the last time I was here it was just after da vinci code was released so the queues were out the gate and around the corner... This time we walked straight in... It is a pretty impressive church, even after the millions we had already seen! We walked all around it with the audio tour, including out to the college gardens which are mostly closed... But we couldn't take pictures inside, sorry...

We did a quick pitt stop by st pauls as mum hadn't seen it, but only a very short visit... It too is impressive, but in different ways.... I think I like st paul's better as it is more understated... Westminster is covered in gold leaf...

From there we went down to Greenwich to the meridien point... Greenwich is gorgeous in it's own right with beautiful parks anfd waterfront... The parks offer amazing views of the London skyline with the thames, and with that view we has lunch... The meridien was pretty cool actually, and not as tourist packed as I imagined, which was nice... We had some silly photos and headed back to london town to go to harrods and Oxford st for window shopping and yummy Vegan dinners again :-)

We cashed in on an early night as we had to be up at 3am for our airport transfer, yuk!

So sorry we didn't do more touristy things for you, but thanks for all your messages! We have really enjoyed hearing from home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

meridien linemeridien line
meridien line

This is 0 degrees latitude and 0 degrees longitude


22nd June 2008

NERDS
22nd June 2008

Also sweetheart I think you'll find 0 degrees latitude is kind of closer to the equator than London ;)

Tot: 0.323s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb