last dag in da dam


Advertisement
Europe
May 22nd 2008
Published: May 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

No not a typo, dag means day over here which has caused much amusement when looking at menus and seeing things like dag soup...

Anyways, mum and I spent our last day fairly easily... Slept in, cruisily got ready for the day and caught the free ferry over to the north province of Amsterdam. It was so different! It was so quiet and peaceful! We wandered around for a bit before heading back to the city center.

Went to see if we could climb the old church again and found out that we couldn't so headed to the flower markets instead via what is apparently the best frits in Amsterdam, they were ok but have had better, here even! At the markets mum bought some souveniers and then we meandered back to dam square where we had some cake and watched the world go by...

Wandered around a bit looking for places we hadn't seen and decided to do a canal cruise to kill an hour... It was better than we both expected and we quite enjoyed it!

Back at the hotel we packed up ready for our flight to copenhagen tomorrow morning and then went down for farewell Amsterdam beers... Met an aussie who works here and had a good time all round...

Am tired though and with an early start tomorrow me thinks it sleep time...

Hope you are all staying out of mischief! If you aren't email me to tell me about it!

Night

Advertisement



Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb