Brussels


Advertisement
Europe
May 22nd 2008
Published: May 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

smurfing aroundsmurfing aroundsmurfing around

This was in the library in the comics museum!
Yesterday we got up at some insane hour of the morning to catch the 655 train to Brussels. It is a 3 hour train ride and mum and I took turns sleeping for half the trip each. Very different to Amsterdam! Found ourselves a map thanks to the novotel and walked across the road for waffles... All we really came to Belgium for was waffles, chocolates and beer hehe... Whilst eating yummy waffles that weren't Vegan, sorry Vegan viewers, we worked out what we wanted to do... Found an information booth and started on a self guided walking tour which took us up to the cathedral which was really pretty... Kept on with the walking tour and it brought us to a comic museum!!!! I was in paradise surrounded by smurfs, tin tin and asterix comic memorabilia, figurines and all sorts of fun! Didn't go through the exhibition, not sure what is was... In June they have a 50years of smurfs one though!

Whilst daydreaming in the shop I even found an Emily the strange book! I already have it though so all good...

Kept wandering and gave up on the walking tour eventually... Tried to find the weeing
waffles!waffles!waffles!

Yummy waffles... Mine has the icecream
boy statue and failed, so headed back to information to get directions... Finally found him and the royal palace and the caught the train out to the atomiom which is basically a big structure representing an atom... I don't really get it, but it was kinda cool I guess... Trained it back to the city and headed to the chocolate shop! Yum! Did well and walked out having only spent 3 and a half euro... Headed around the square a bit and settled down for a cherry beer (kriek) by the time we finished that, it was time to catch the train back to Amsterdam.

Brussels was nice but I am pleased we only did the one day, I would have been bored for any longer...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.323s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb