It's Been A While


Advertisement
Europe
March 19th 2008
Published: April 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

ok guys, sorry its taken me so long to write, guess ive been lazy. what a surprise.

after the top deck tour i went back 2 london for one night, then the next day i made my way (with difficulty) back to my auntys place in kent. the difficulty was because there was a massive storm and my train kept being cancelled, oh joy of joys. gotta love helpful ppl tho, after my train was cancelled the second time someone eventually told me i could catch train number X and that would get me home as well, and that one had not yet been cancelled. needless to say, i got home in one piece, albeit wet, cold and sick lol.

the next day i headed off to edinburgh, land of the scots. got in to edinburgh where it was a nice sunny, if a bit cold, day. walked up numerous hills to my hostel, checked in, dumped my stuff, got ready to go out for a wander, and looked out the door to realise it had started pissing down with rain. oh joy. well, went out anyway, and walked on a mission to this shopping centre thing because someone sent me there, and when i got there they were just closing and didnt have what i needed anyway. sigh, soaked through to the bone i made my way back to the hostel and pretty much crashed for the night.

the next day i headed up 2 a little university town called stirling where my friend debbie is studying. i had plans 2 stay with her for 5 days and catch up, generally see what there is 2 see around there. needless to say, stirling is a ghost town lol. didnt do much that night, met her flatmates and we stayed up talking for a long time.

debbie had seminars the next day at uni, but we still managed to go for a wander in the afternoon and see a movie (juno), and that night her soccer mates had a drinks party thing that we went 2. lets just say, debbie and her friend had NO IDEA where they were going and we walked for bloody miles in a round-a-bout way 2 get there lol. played a few drinking games and crashed about midnight. debbie and i both have colds.

debbies dad picked us up on friday morning to take us to galashiels to stay at her mums, which is the small town she grew up in. gala is a lot like kaikoura without the water attraction lol. in other words, everyone knows everyone else and there isnt much to do there haha. we spent the weekend there. friday night didnt include much.

saturday we walked through the town, took her dog kep for a wander, and that night we went to her cousins house for a wee gathering. we had chinese and watched porn haha. we watched the paris hilton one, and the pamela anderson/tommy lee one, and a few more. it was so funny. i couldnt believe debbies cousin had these on dvd, but they were apparently her partners lol.

sunday we bummed around not doing much of anything. we were supposed 2 go 2 her dads place but by the time he got home from work we didnt have a ride round there. so he came and visited us and thats about the extent of what we did that day lol. aside from doing some of debbies essay.

monday morning was st patricks day, so i called mum and dad to say happy wedding anniversary, and that morning debbies mum and her friends drive us up 2 edinburgh, where debbie caught the train back 2 stirling and i went 2 my hostel. went out to the pub that night, how can u not on st patricks day! met a lot of ppl and managed 2 get a free tour of a place called mary kings close. back in the 1500s onwards that little street was the busiest street in edinburgh. its a really good tour, and would usually have cost me £10, so im damn glad i got it for free haha.

did the tour tuesday morning after i had checked outa my hostel, then made my way 2 the train station and made the long haul back 2 kent. got into kent about 7:45pm, that was a long day.

now its today, and im updating my blog, finally lol. im having a few days to recover and then im off to switzerland on sunday with my brother for 10 days. happy easter!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb