I know i've been slack!


Advertisement
Europe
April 12th 2008
Published: April 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. ive been majorly slack! its been way too long since i told u of my exploits, and since then ive been to 4 different countries!
Obviously i went to switzerland with my bro. i hate airports by the way! had my brothers present, which was a bottle of pilsner beer and a pilsner ceramic mug/cup thingy in my carry on bag because i didnt want it 2 break in my main luggage, and of course they took the beer off me because it was over 100mls! shit! that was really expensive and a present! at least i still had the cup 2 give him, altho im still gutted! THEN i get 2 Basel, the plane is 15 minutes late, which means i miss the bus into freiburg and have 2 wait 2 hours in the snow for the next one, so i dont get into freiburg until after 9pm! and i left my aunties house at 7:45 that morning (which was 6:45 european time!) bugger it!
in freiburg it was fah-reeeezing and also bloody closed because it was easter monday. so we eventually got into the catherdral which was cool. we also walked all around looking at places that were closed and went 2 a couple of museums.
went 2 bern the next day, it was snowing quite heavily there which looked really beautiful! in bern we went to a few museums of course, and we also went to see einsteins house and the bear pitts. theyve got 2 bears in pitts next to the information centre. kinda sad, they looked so bored shitless. we also went to the Swiss Alps museum which was kinda cool. and the Swiss Protection (aka guns) museum, Switzerland really likes their shooting!
next we went to geneva, that was really cool, and they speak french there so it was my turn to struggle through the explanations. nathan had done his bit in german speaking places, now it was my turn. eep. when we were there we went to see the united nations and did a tour (where i got a picture i.d. to wear, that was quite cool) and we also went into the red cross and red crescent museum and that was neat as well. there was a water jet thingy there as well, which is quite cool, it shoots really high up in the air, and is quite the tourist attraction.
next we went to interlaken. it is BEAUTIFUL there. we walked from one side of the city to the other and back, and looked around for souvenir stuff while the shops were still open. my brother went up the jungfrau mountain (which i have already done) so i walked around the city again and went for a short trek up a harder mountain. it was such gorgeous weather and such an amazing view. i was going to go to Mystery Park but it apparently shut about a year ago, so i got all excited for nothing haha. it was in the brochure that the hostel gave us, so they really need to update their adverts, someone could get bitterly disappointed about not going to Mystery Park!!! hehe.
we were going to go 2 Lucern next but we decided to go 2 Leichtenstein instead for a day. WELL, theres really not a lot there haha. we saw the capital Vaduz when we first got there and had a quick look around the peoples museum, it was closing in 45 mins so we kinda rushed through. then we went on to our hostel which was practically on the border back into Switzerland. we walked into Schaan that night and had a quick look around, altho it was a sunday night so everything was shut, we did get 2 look at the outside of the church haha. there was an aussie guy in our hostel room as well, who had been 2 Leichtenstein before and sorta told us what there was to do, which wasnt much! then next day we went into Vaduz and looked around the place, got our souvenirs, got our passports stamped (we had 2 pay!!!) and sent out our postcards just so we could get a Leichtenstein stamp! did u know that Leichtenstein has the highest production of false teeth than anywhere else in the world?!
next we went to Zurich. it reminded me so much of Amsterdam in the area we were staying (the cobbled streets and the many, many sex shops haha) trust my brother to find us such a seedy area to stay in, and the hostel had about a million flights of stairs! we had rosti our last night just so we could say we had had it. (even though ive already tried it, it was yummy!) we also did a river cruise and lake cruise and went to a few more museums (we got something called a zurich card which was 17swiss francs and lasted 24 hours and got us on free to any train, bus, tram within the city and also free into all museums and boat cruises and everything like that which was great coz it included my train ticket out to the airport in the morning!
then i flew back to aunty margys. i had one day here which i spent in Dover, and i went into Dover castle and spent the entire afternoon looking around and went on a tour of the secret wartime tunnels which was fascinating.
then i went down to Hereford to stay with my friend Jo in Abbey Dore! i got down there on the Friday night and we had a pub dinner where i met her bf. on Saturday we went into Hereford to have a look around, and went into the cathedral and the old house museum and had coffee at Left Bank which is the "expensive" side of Hereford! very Posh! that night jo had 2 work so her bf took me on a bit of a pub crawl around the area and we met up with her at her local pub afterwards which was good fun. we made a big joke about the fact that he was taking me out on a date while she was slaving away! the next day was a big slobby day where we spent the whole day watching movies! then monday we went into Hay on Wye for the morning and to Arthurs stone on the way back to her place. Then Neville picked me up and took me into Wales! i had my first taste of rabbit stew that night, mmmmm delish!
I spent the next 5 days in Tretower which is quite near Abergavenny and Crickhowell in Wales. I got to go to Cardiff and went on a tour of the millenium stadium! i also went for a drive around the area with Lynne and saw the countryside. Neville showed me the old hotel he used 2 work at which is a big flash expensive place and really pretty. one of their friend's sons was going to aussie so they had a party down at the local pub which i was invited to as well, and almost the whole village showed up, all 20 of them! haha. i got an audio tour of the court and gardens of the tretower castle and had a look around the castle as well. then that night we helped bottle feed lambs at the farm next door.
so i got back from wales yesterday and today we went to flyball practise (which is a sport aunty margy and my cousin megan do with their dogs). tomorro we will hopefully be going to Wild Wood which is a wildlife park (weather permitting) and we have the full day monday as well, which im sure we will fill somehow. then i fly home on monday night! my flight leaves heathrow at 22:15 and i get into christchurch on the tuesday at 12:55 midday! exciting!!!


so, thats pretty much my trip! woot woot, had a blast, cant wait to do it again! lol altho i must admit, i hate living out of a damned suitcase! hahaha

Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb