Day Trip


Advertisement
Europe
June 12th 2007
Published: June 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today I got into London with Izzy. We took the train to Kings Cross Station and took the blue line to Piccadilly. Piccadilly was not too thrilling, it's like times square. But, then we went over to Fornum and Mason tea shop which has the most amazing tea, biscuits, and beautiful teacakes! So posh and fabulous. Then we went to Green park on the way to Buckingham Palace and saw the Canada memorial. Then we saw Buckingham palace and we sat at the fountain across from it and watched the guard. Then we went through St James Park to watch the ducks and we had a nice lunch at Inn The Park. Then we went over to Big Ben at Parliament and walked along the Thames.
The Thames has some amazing things if you are just strolling. We saw a music video being made at the only place where graffiti is legal. And there are people who sculpt in sand, and we went out to the docks.
I was in for a real treat when Izzy took me to the Tate Modern. We got to see Jackson Pollock (yay) Miro, Giocametti, and a Rothko room! It was amazing.
Tea DisplayTea DisplayTea Display

everything is so yummy
We are goign to go back, because we really didn't get to spend too much time there since we were on the way home, but it was so cool! We also got to see St Paul's cathedral before heading to the station on our way home.

I am goign to add some photos to the gallery for your enjoyment! It was brilliant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The PalaceThe Palace
The Palace

from the fountain
The MallThe Mall
The Mall

from the palace to big ben
Sand SculptingSand Sculpting
Sand Sculpting

just like a living room at home


15th June 2007

hey
alright I am officially jealous, the pictures were great! have a great time, and tell Izzy hello from us as well. love ya

Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb