A family affair - but not quite


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
October 26th 2014
Published: October 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It should have been a family affair with the four of us travelling to the Islands for a few days, but sadly Daddy couldn't come, too busy at work, so Mummy, J & G had to leave him behind and went off for Island adventures alone. Except of course, we weren't alone! You're never alone with Daddy's family, or even close to being alone, there's always plenty of folk about to chat with, play with and mostly eat with!

Nana & Grandpa had come to stay with us a few days the previous week, and they were heading back on the Friday night, coincidentally so were AuntyWisa, BigD, WeeD and BA. I'd booked on the Saturday ferry, in the hope that Daddy might have been able to make it, even if only for one night, bu when that fell through we jumped ono the Friday night ferry instead, for the easiest and most relaxing ferry crossing I've had in, ooh, at least five years!

J went off to play with WeeD in the kids play area, G sat with Grandpa reading stories and bringing me drinks and snacks to keep me happy. Perfect!

Thereafter followed one amazing industrial sized catering event after another, Saturday night home-made pizza at UncleRags' (with in-laws P&G makes 16 people), Sunday lunch of local piggy sausages at AuntyMwa & Uncle Pirate's (for 18), Monday roast chicken at Nana's (only 8 mouths there), and Tuesday WeeD's birthday (16 for pasta and cake).

The kids were in the their element with so many cousins about and so much to do. They zoomed about in UncleRags' loft, watched movies on a giant screen and worked out on the fancy rowing machine. AuntyMwa has two new cats to play with, 3D telly and a blackboard which takes up the whole wall! Nana showed them some excellent (and excitingly risky) new places to play just over the road from the croft, and for WeeD's birthday we went pottery painting.

WeeD does like his creatures, and for his birthday was 'lucky' enough to receive a locust - yes, a locust! Anyone thinking about getting bugs for J & G - think again! :-/

After such a fun and busy few days, it was back down to earth (or rather sea) with a thump. And a roll, and a lurch. The crossing home was pretty rough, not the worst I've been on, but the worst I've been on alone with two kids, both of whom are green and clutching sick bags :-( We survived, but next time we're defnitely taking Daddy too!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

3D telly will turn your eyes square3D telly will turn your eyes square
3D telly will turn your eyes square

Or just switch off, like Uncle Rags!
Eyes down for bird bingoEyes down for bird bingo
Eyes down for bird bingo

If the dentistry falls through, BigD could pursue his talents as a bingo caller.


Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb