Spooky Spectacular!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
November 1st 2014
Published: November 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Happy Halloweenah! (as G likes to say).

Had a bit of a spooky shindig at ours last night, which still needs a lot of clearing up, but hey, it's Saturday night, I have better things to do...

What started out a a combined Halloween effort with a couple of neighbours turned into a slightly larger affair, 15ish kids and 15ish adults (see, I'm learning from Daddy's clan, this no longer fazes me). Everyone was expected to dress up, including adults, and there were some very good efforts, I have to say!

Games included apple bobbing, digging for eyeballs in a bucket of worms (choclate and spaghetti respectively) and mummies and daddies (see photos for explanation). After a day of rain, the weather gods took pity on us and the clouds broke for a few hours on a really mild night, meaning we could all be outside most of the time, which was great. The kids played on the climbing frame, waved sparklers and pinged some flying lighting up thingies that RSquared had brought back from Barcelona.

Daddy lit a bonfire (always has to have a bonfire, can't help himself) and after dinner he brought out a huge box of fireworks he'd found in the garage. Must have been left there by the lodgers, so around 10 years old, but as he said 'really, what's the worst that could happen...?!'

My legendary (no false modesty here) mulled wine kept everyone in good spirits but by 8.30 everyone had gone home to take kids to bed. My kind of night out!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Daddies and Mummies gameDaddies and Mummies game
Daddies and Mummies game

Turning daddies into mummies using rolls and rolls of toilet paper!


Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb