Happy Birthday little Peach!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
May 19th 2013
Published: June 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Baby Girl's birthday! 'Two!' as she likes to tell us earnestly, trying hard to point first and middle finger together, like a little claw! She has been pretty excited for weeks now, spurred on by J's enthusiasm. Although the poor lad is doing well considering the answer to 'Is it my birthday next?' is usually 'no, it's G's, then Mummy's, then Daddy's, and then it's yours!'

Nanny and Grandad were here to celebrate both G's and Mummy's a week later, although after last year's bash, Mummy's birthday was a fairly quiet affair, shopping and champagne in Aberdeen, that's all!

G had a party in the garden, thirteen close friends, which is about as small as I could make it, and it worked out just right, enough kids to seem busy and excited but not so many as to be overwhelming. Summer birthdays really only need a bouncy castle and a dry day and they're sorted (although both kids were surprised and disappointed that Mummy didn't have a bouncy castle the following weekend)!

Her main present from us was a scooter, which is taking a little getting used to. Quite happy in a straight line, with one leg held
Rabbit cakeRabbit cakeRabbit cake

Instead of birthday cards, I've been doing these poster boards for the kids.
high up in the air as she goes, not very good at corners or hills, she seems quite happy to walk along pushing it for now!

Things she's doing and likes at two: Swimming, being a pussycat or a little lion, tormenting J, eating Daddy's food, not napping, drinking a lot of juice/squash, sleeping in mummy's bed, bouncing on the trampoline, singing, dancing to anything resembling music, practicing parallel bars on her chair, counting to ten, being very cute, dressing up in party dresses, bedtime stories, making cakes (real and Lego).

Favourite sayings: 'Engine runs on rhyme!' 'BaabaaBEEP? SHEEP driving CAR! Ahhahaha!!' 'Biscuits Nanny house.' 'Mummy, sit.' 'Me do it!'

She has quite firm views about things too, for example, I'll point to a letter 'D' and say, 'Look, Daddy's letter.' She'll say 'No, it's not, that's Daddy's letter,' pointing to an M. Or J will be minding his own business, playing with his trains, she'll appear in the doorway, point at one of the trains and say 'mine'. And calmly, confidently continue to say it's hers till J is in tears of distress! Persistence, definitely a strong point, always has been.

And she can unleash quite a fury at times, her strength (physical and mental) is remarkable. Her will is strong, stronger than mine, which means I can't throw out idle threats because she'll call my bluff everytime, and she'll outdo me in any game of patience, of which I have limited supply!

She is incredibly loving though, dishes out cuddles and kisses, loves to snuggle in tight, lots of physical affection, to all of us, but increasingly shy of others, particularly men. She nearly had a panic attack when the gardener turned up the other day! She's quite a little comedian, I think she copies her brother a lot in that aspect, pulling funny faces and doing funny walks to make us laugh.

Ah, little Peach, you're so very special! Happy Birthday Baby Girl xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb