And then there were ten!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
May 1st 2013
Published: May 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Ten grandchildren for Nana & Grandpa, with the arrival of BabyS four weeks ago. Although I only found out three and a half weeks ago, after Daddy 'forgot' to mention it! Yes, really! He needs to do a lot to make up for that particular memory slip. Anyone else planning on having babies, getting married, etc, please route the news via me!

I digress. Congratulations to UnclePirate and AuntyMwa, the lucky parents of wee BabyS! He is utterly adorable, and a good excuse to head to the Islands, as if one were needed!

The first two nights we stayed at AuntyWisa's, to take full advantage of the bright lights and big city. Or at least, the swimming pool, pet shop and cafe, although Daddy did hit the town to wet the baby's head with BigD and Uncle Pirate. Then onto Nana & Grandpa's for a family Sunday. We stayed on for our last night, and had some interesting breakfast visitors, as you can see in the last photo!

But really, the absolute best thing about going to the Islands is hanging out with the rest of the family. Not doing anything very much, apart from drinking a lot of tea and eating fantastic great meals with sixteen people and a baby, everyone grabbing platefuls, pouring drinks, sharing stories and all the general happy chaos that ensues. Everyone and no-one looks after the kids, pockets of people go off surfing, or for a walk round the croft, houses are left unlocked in case anyone needs anything. Good friends drop in and are dragged into staying for dinner and scrabble. You are very fortunate to be there with each other, it's a wonderful thing.

Only low point was poor G throwing up her breakfast on the Monday as we were due to leave. Then throwing up her milk, and again in the car. You get the idea, not a situation you want to deal with on a four hour ferry crossing and two hour drive, so while Daddy and J took the surface route, G & I spent the day at AuntyWisa's (where LittleD and BA also joined in the vomitting) before catching the evening flight home. She was fine on the plane, and Daddy and J met us at the airport. Bit unsettled for the next 24hours, but fine now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Caught you!Caught you!
Caught you!

The two girls disappeared upstairs, we could hear them nattering away. When we peeped in, they'd climbed into bed and were looking at a photobook together.
Monkeys!Monkeys!
Monkeys!

All they had to do was sit nicely and smile for the camera. But I think this captures it well!
Who wants a Smartie?Who wants a Smartie?
Who wants a Smartie?

Not you, BabyS!


Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb