Daddy - life, the universe and everything.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
June 2nd 2013
Published: June 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Quick update, because it's quicker than G's outstanding epic entry, but Happy Birthday Daddy for today!

We spent the day together, a rare treat these days, and headed to the hills. J & Daddy completed the journey by steam train, a special treat for J for managing to stay in bed till the sun comes up on his special clock, which happens at 6.30am, anything later than that constitutes a lie-in for us!

J, needless to say, was utterly thrilled with his steam train adventure. Then excited again to have a picnic lunch by the lake, sorry, 'loch'. Although of course we couldn't leave without at least one of the children filling their wellies with water (G), and the other tumbling headfirst into the water (J)! And then finally, to top it off, a trip on the funicular, the mountain railway, to the highest restaurant in Scotland and some lovely hot choc.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Life is goodLife is good
Life is good

Until they sprinkle sand in your hair!
Daddy took thisDaddy took this
Daddy took this

'Take care! Beautiful, dangerous, fragile, unique' Is there a compliment in there? I'm not sure!
Descending in the funicularDescending in the funicular
Descending in the funicular

Anyone see any reindeer?
Home again, hard at workHome again, hard at work
Home again, hard at work

All hands on deck, getting the garden straight.


Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0799s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb