Summer fun


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
September 17th 2012
Published: November 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Here are a few outstanding photos from over the summer that I wanted to share on the blog.

We didn't have a great harvest in the garden this year, for many reasons, including weather, rogue chickens, general forgetfulness on our part and over enthusiastic toddlers. We did have lots of berries, the strawberries and raspberries are always a huge hit and Daddy's keen propogation skills mean we have dozens of the plants sprouting up all over the place.

Kids (ours and others) enjoyed digging for potatoes and pulling up carrots.

Mummy also took the kids foraging on the golf course for elderflowers. How handy, a giant elderflower bush, right next to a sandpit for the wee ones to play in... oh, sorry, what's a practice bunker?

It was worth it though, first prize in the 'Other jellies' category at the local flower show! I'm not going to be able to retire on the £2.40 combined prize monies, but it doubled my entry fees, which is a better rate of return than any bank!

G's personality is shining through now, cheeky, defiant, persistent, loving, chatty, constantly on the go. She gives J all sorts of trouble, and he often retreats into the hallway to play where she 'can't get him'! Watching their relationship develop is really interesting, and often very funny, as this video of them in the bath shows -
Splish splash -


G is, despite all my best intentions, a proper little girly girl. She loves pink sparkly things, she loves ponies, and she loves dressing up. Her favourite activity is to have the hallway mirror on the floor, and rifle through the cloakroom storage picking out hats, scarves, shoes, then strutting up and down checking herself out from every angle! And she has a few other interesting activities too...
Good vibrations -



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Yum!Yum!
Yum!

G enjoys carrots fresh from the garden
Yuck!Yuck!
Yuck!

J not so keen!
Cheers!Cheers!
Cheers!

Just what is in that glass?


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb