South Westward, Ho!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
October 6th 2012
Published: October 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

WaterboyWaterboyWaterboy

Love this effect! Nice one Grandad!
Really should have got this up before Nanny and Grandad headed off into the sunset on their swanky Mediterannean cruise, but it'll give Dad something to spend all his money on, trying to download to his Blackberry out there! Buongiorno Papa!

Intrepid Mummy braved the skies once again, taking two small children to see their Nanny & Grandad. I've flown several times now with just the two of them, but that was before G could walk, run, jump and climb, and before G realised she really, really wants the iPod when J has it. Deep breath...

But in the event it was completely fine, timings worked out in our favour, both children sleeping on the way to the airport, lunch on the plane and a well timed mid-air poo from J, unbelievably requested while the seatbelt signs were turned off. The patron saint of travelling mothers was surely smiling on me that day!

We packed a lot into a short week, catching up with rellies, riding steam trains, driving diggers, seeing lots of animals and big fish, gymnastics and lovely shopping for Mummy, hoorah!

My envy of UncleKip and AuntyLau's gourmet lifestyle is no secret and they took me along to the River Cottage resturant for dinner one evening (Yum, and Mr Sideburns from the telly show was in the kitchen, rather exciting!), followed by cocktails in a trendy-in-a-laidback-kind-of-way bar. Sigh.... Thanks guys!

The journey home was not quite so well timed, but we didn't do too badly. The children were so excited to see Daddy they crashed out in the car as soon as he picked us up. As much as J loves seeing family he always reaches a point after five days or so when he insists he just wants to go back to 'J's house', so he was very happy to be home with his toys again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Driving a diggerDriving a digger
Driving a digger

One VERY happy little boy. One very generous Grandad!
Bump!Bump!
Bump!

No, Mummy did not know they'd put him in these boats!
Choo choo!Choo choo!
Choo choo!

Riding 'Alice' with Aunty Lau
Tequila!Tequila!
Tequila!

It makes me happy?!


Tot: 0.405s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb