Brother being here....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
November 28th 2008
Published: November 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

OK so sorry it has been so long since i have posted....
Brother and Matt have been here.
We went up to Scotland last weekend and had a blast although we did not have seats on the trains because I did not know you had to book actual seats rather than just showing up which is what you have to do for all the other trains but after standing on a train for 4 1/2 hours we were very tired on Friday. Saturday we got up and went on a Haggis tour up to the highlands which was so beautiful. We saw the Wallace Monument, Loch Tey, The castle where they filmed Monty Python Holy Grail and many other things. We went to a whiskey factory that use to have the cat that held the world record for mice caught. We took a picture with the statue for Daddy. we thought he might like that cat : ).
Sunday we spent the morning at Edinburgh Castle and then bought Buck a kilt.
When we got back to Bath I had to write my last paper and so the boys hung out with Matt and John in my house... i think they became fast friends hahahaha.
Monday- the boys went to the Roman Baths because I made them and then we went to lunch and they came to the Jane Austen Centre to hear my talk and walk around the exhibition. The boys must have RUN through the exhibition because it took them about 30 seconds but oo well at least they heard my talk. : )
Tuesday- We got up and went to London for a whirl wind day- we saw the Tower of London, the Imperial War Museum, and the British Museum. The Imperial War Museum is my new favorite place in London. They had tanks when you walked in and the boys liked taking pictures with the replica of the atom bomb. (slightly strange I thought but oo well). They had an awesome replica trench that you could walk through and such. It took me strait back to Dr. Vitarbo's Warfare class about trench warfare!!! That night we went to see Kenneth Branagh in Ivanov. It was sooo amazing and he is such a fantastic actor he really lights up the stage. We got back around 2 in the morning and hit the sack straight away
After such a late night it was so hard to get the boys up in the morning but i had to get them up to go on an all day tour of Stonehenge and Lacock. THEY WERE NOT HAPPY WITH ME. when i dropped them at the bus stop and the text messages I recieved though out the day from Buck made it seem like they were not having the greatest time. these text were things like "our guide is on crack" and " I am going to beat you with a cricket bat when we get back" but when they did get home they seemed like they had had a eventful day if not a great day. Their guide was a little crazy and they did see some strange stuff but they came back with laughs and stories so i think it was better than they made it out to be.
Today was THANKSGIVING... and yet I still had class but it was my amazing Tolkien class so completely worth it. We had thanksgiving dinner with turkey, mash potatoes and such which was so good!!
It was sorta sad to be away from home on thanksgiving and I got to talk to Mema and the Family which was nice.
Well I am off to bed but I will try to keep you better up to date on what is going on
CHEERS


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

who knows what matt is trying to do on Garry's tourwho knows what matt is trying to do on Garry's tour
who knows what matt is trying to do on Garry's tour

I think he is searching for energy or something


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb