The Day Wales GotThistle Whipped


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
February 10th 2007
Published: February 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

MurrayfieldMurrayfieldMurrayfield

Scotlands Finest
Its good to have good friends and a big thank you to Neil who in true Scottish form offered me a weekend in Edinburgh to go to the RBS 6 Nations Rugby Match at Murrayfield. I was stoked at this prospect as firstly I have never been to see a 6 Nations game ( Despite the fact the Millenium Stadium and what was Cardiff Arms Park is virtually on my door step) and also at the fact that I have never been to Edinburgh either.

Now Given the way we played against the Irish the week before I honestly thought that I would be jubilent in watching Wales romp to a massive victory against the jocks. However im not really sure what happened. It was like a different team turned up infact I would go as far as to say that it was like watch a bunch of bored unenthusiastic fellas all sporting the same colour tops turn up on a day out to Murrayfield pull down their shorts and get their asses whipped with a giant thistle to the cheers of our northern neighbours.

However, you still have to love the feeling of walking through the streets amidst
3 Points3 Points3 Points

One of the 3 Measly points we scored throughout the game
a sea of supporters and feel the hair rise on the back of your neck as you walk through the grandstand and see a stadium for the first time. blows me away!

For anyone who hasnt been to Edinburgh its a bit like Bath but a lot bigger, loads of crescents and Georgian Style houses, loads of churches and architecture not to mention loads of bars, restaurants ( especially nepalise) in general its a great place to be.

So thats it for this one.. keep looking as i'll be heading to Andorra skiing in 3 weeks time and im sure there will be a lot more to write about.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Edinburgh CastleEdinburgh Castle
Edinburgh Castle

Well I had to take a picture of it!
EdinburghEdinburgh
Edinburgh

Churches!


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb