Ski Trip to Andorra


Advertisement
Andorra's flag
Europe » Andorra
March 4th 2007
Published: March 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Now I am not a fan of packaged holidays at all as i generally like to get a flight and just go and figure it out when i am there. So, given i love skiing and hav'nt been since i went to bulgaria in 2005 i wasnt going to turn down the opportunity.

Myself and KT, Gaz & Jen and Chris & Nic headed off to Manchester airport to get a flight to Tolouse in France where we would then get a transfer to Arinsal in Andorra. Flight time was only an hour and a half so we jumped on to a bus where we were met by out Neilson Rep "sophie" who in fairness wasnt too bad as far as reps go, she was happy to answer any questions but didnt push anything on to you that you didnt need.

3 hours later arrived in Arinsal and checked in to the Princess Parc Hotel, nice hotel but oh my god its hot in there!! its almost like they have just found out about central heating and are proudly showing off how powerful the damn thing is! anyhoo, the rest of the hotel was great, food was excellent and there are loads of facilities with the main Gondola being just outside the hotel and literally a 2 min walk

As far as snow goes i have to say in the 23 years i have been skiing i have never seen it so bad, fair play to the guys on the piste bashers as they did a really good job with the artificial snow but by lunch time is was like trying to ski on bags of old carpet. still on wed night we did have a day of snow which gace some moderate powder conditions which was a welcom relief.

NO Snow = Lots of drinking, there are a few good bars in the town of Arinsal but if your the kind of person that wants to severly large it then its probably not the place for you, El Cau and Quo Vadis Bars are pretty good for the apres ski ( 3-6 pm in El Cau you get a free toastie with every drink .. Bargain 😊 ) there are the usual TV music Videos and snow board films etc. plus lts of drinking games and Sumo Wrestleing etc.

Generally though we stayed in the Bogarts Bar and in the Lounge of the Princess PArc as they both have live music playing. if you do ever go there seriously check out Dave Phillips ( http://www.myspace.com/davidphilips ) who is an excellent singer/ Songwriter and guitarist. then when he finishes at 12 you can go on in to Bogarts and watch him join up with a different array of Muso's in a full band and enjoy that untill 3am.. if your still wanting to drink after that and you can handle being rammed in with all the locals going off to Spanish Funk try the Surf bar under the ski gondola..

So that was it really a bit of skiing lots of live music and lots to drink and eat.. the week went far too fast but was enjoyed by all so i guess its chill out untill the next time.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

UhhhUhhh
Uhhh

so there is a place where they all live then?
Thank you and goodnightThank you and goodnight
Thank you and goodnight

Somewhere over Northern France


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb