Arnside Ambling


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria
January 6th 2007
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SundownSundownSundown

Arnside on a lazy saturday afternoon
Well its another New Year and I hope you all had a good christmas.
After going back home to Usk over christmas it has become apparent on more than one occasion that people have said I have put on some winter warmth. ( people saying hello accross a busy bar and making gestures to me in the form of a pregnant woman rubbing her belly)

Therefore I am determined to get myself a lot fitter and what better way to start the new year off with a 5mile walk around Arnside.

Arnside is a little village on Morcambe bay and even though it has the name that sounds like a 70's TV Cop drama its not a bad place to have a wander.

The bay is reknowned for its strong currents and quick tides. apparently when the tide comes in here it can outrun a galloping horse. needless to say, you wouldnt really be wanting to go for a swim there.

we walked along the edge of the bay heading towards Silverdale passing endless amounts of people fishing and only seeming to catch flatfish/Dab. Amusingly we watched as a small girl about 6 asked one fisherman if she could hold one of the fish he had caught which he agreed to and then she promptly walked up to the waters edge and threw it back saying "bye bye fishy" I couldnt help but laugh especially at the disgust of the fisherman who was muttering something about not having any tea to eat that night.

Weather wise it was pretty gloomy when we got there but after about an hour and half all sign of cloud dissapeared the sun came out in force and at one point you could have sworn you were in a different country. the sea looked blue and the scenery was amazing. Given that its January the 6th its just goes to show how lucky we are to have such amazing surroundings on our doorstep. it all resulted in watching a great sunset out over the coast to end a great day and walk. Pictures speak for themselves.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Afternoon Wing CommanderAfternoon Wing Commander
Afternoon Wing Commander

Heron Ready for take off
SilverdaleSilverdale
Silverdale

Silverdale in the distance


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0933s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb