Is that it? (John O' groats)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Caithness County » Wick
June 30th 2014
Published: July 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Pub was good and after a few beers and several games of pool we retired back to the van for the second half of the football. Off to the Smoo cave first thing and an interesting tour by quite an eccentric local who made the small boat ride quite entertaining. A must do if you visit Scotland. From Smoo we headed off for the most northern point on the UK mainland at Dunnit Head. another long drive up a single track lane but again worth it for a rewarding 360% view of the end of Scotland. Sue was hoping to see some marine life but she left once again disappointed. From here it was only a short drive to behold the wonders of John O' Groats. As expected a tourist trap with tacky souvenirs and coffee shops. the view was ok but nothing in comparison to what we had witnessed on out trip so far. Quickly onward we drove to our camp site which is by the river in Wick, a small fishing town going through a slow rejuvenation. pleasant site with friendly owners and a bonus and only £16 with electric. Germany Vs Algeria on the tele followed by a hot shower and bed. The highlights of the trip now done but looking forward to a pleasant trip back south with still a couple of nights to find some hot spots.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 35; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb