Top of the world, well Scotland


Advertisement
Europe
June 29th 2014
Published: June 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 28th June

Our meal was great so arrived for the ferry with a full stomach which turned out to be not a good thing for a rough crossing. Two and a half hours later we arrived in Ullapool an hour after we were scheduled so pulled up on the site in town and quickly turned off the engine.

We awoke after a little lay in and after doing some washing we set off north. Our destination was a camp site in Clachtoll about an hours drive. The day would have been relaxed with a short drive but unfortunately I left my phone charger and battery at the camp site. After a round trip of ninety minutes we were back on track. The journey was exactly what we have come to expect with fantastic views and winding roads full of challenges. our evening was spent going for a walk along the cliffs followed by Brazil Vs Chile.

Sunday 29th June.

Another leisurely drive today of just eighty minutes along a very winding single track road stopping several times to take in the view's. Lunch today was spent at the camp site which gave us a free afternoon to walk around the local town of Durness. About a mile outside the town we found an arts and crafts village set it an old army base which for years had been home to a hippy commune before finding its latest use as a art village. More footy tonight with a walk to the local pub for a few brews. Tomorrow we plan to make it to John O' Groats before finally turning south.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb