Dublin to Derry


Advertisement
Published: April 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


The City Hotel in Derry (Londonderry)The City Hotel in Derry (Londonderry)The City Hotel in Derry (Londonderry)

No alcohol allowed in the rooms (WTF)
Fri 25 April 2014,

Dublin, Ballsbridge, Baggot Rath to Derry, Northern Ireland.



Today we left Sean, Chantel and the kids and headed north to meet up with Cath’s friend Mike. From Dublin it was about a three hour drive to Portballintrea, an unheard of drive here in Ireland. They think travelling more than one hour is ridicules. On our way north we traveled to Cabra Castle, not far from where we stayed in County Meath on our last visit. We then headed to Omagh for lunch and then onto Derry (Londonderry) where we thought we would spend the night before catching up with Mike the next day. We were now back in the UK (Northern Ireland) and due to the lack of communication between Ireland and the UK, our phones didn't work. It must be a nightmare for the locals. We got into Derry about 4pm and booked some accommodation in the centre of town. We visited the 3 shop and again purchased another SIM card, so the number I gave out before will not work until we return to Ireland. Go figure.



Due to partying the last three nights, Cath and I were knackered. We went to a local pub for a couple of pints and dinner as you are not allow alcohol in the hotel rooms in Northern Ireland, and to make sure they do not put a fridge in the room. Anyway we didn’t really care, we could still drink red wine out of the coffee cups until we flacked for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Nice COP CarNice COP Car
Nice COP Car

It's taken seriously here


Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb