Yo!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 17th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

(by Lettie) We, arguably, had the easiest hotel arrangement ever upon a airport arrival. We stayed at the Yotel hotel in Heathrow Airport terminal 4. I had intuited and made reservations in advance at the time we booked our flights having discovered there was a hotel in the terminal on the mezzanine whereby you could book a room in hour increments (4 hr minimum) or overnite. I merely intuited the amount of time we needed.

They were very cute and very tiny. The charm was in feeling cocooned with everything within arms reach, literally. Kim had her own suite as well. Terrie & Becky bunked together in a slighlty larger room with bunkbeds. I enjoyed them because they had interactive tv with internet access, rainshower head in the shower which poured out lots of instant hot water, a comfortable bunk, and finally a very clean water closet.

(Simon Woodroffe Founder of all things YO! saw Japanese capsule hotels and conceived of an idea to create hotels inside airports that could be taken by the hour and are very compact, measuring 7 meters square having excellent design and amenities. Born is Yotel opening in 2007 at Heathwick & Gatwick Internaitonal
Yotel Yotel Yotel

Hallway Peek
Airports in England, and recently, Schiphol Airport in Amersterdam. See this site: http://www.yotel.com/ click on a cabin and look for link: 360 degree tour. Too cool!)

A young man from Poland by the name of Simon attended to us bringing many cups of hot tea and inviting me to come to the front desk to use the computer so that I could e-mail all of you to say we made it to London. He and his girlfriend had come here to work as there is very little in there homeland. He was so genuine and considerate that I just had to have a picture of him so that I would not forget his kindness. He blushed when I asked, but here he is...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

YotelYotel
Yotel

Standard Cabin
YotelYotel
Yotel

Standard Cabin Bath


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb