The Best European destinations to visit this winter


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Kingston
February 14th 2014
Published: February 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Europe is a continent with much cultural diversity to offer. Each country has its own unique character, rich with history and scenic beauty. Many parts also provide a warmer temperature during winter, which is perfect when you’re fed up of the dull grey and cold of the UK and fancy an escape to find an essence of summer.

North Cyprus



There’s a lot of choice when it comes to European destinations though I’d definitely recommend North Cyprus as one to consider. It may not be the most obvious choice amongst the plethora of exotic options, but this is one of the reasons North Cyprus holidays are so special.

North Cyprus is a peaceful location, with a sleepy environment of unspoilt sandy beaches, cosy eateries and the beautiful Kyrenia harbour that is bathed in historical charisma. You’ll also find that this is a place unburdened by busy tourism, allowing you to enjoy a completely laid back experience.

One of the best things about North Cyprus holidays is all the history to be explored in places such as Famagusta. There are so many artefacts and ancient sites to explore amongst the beautiful scenery, while the locals are all so friendly and welcoming that you’ll feel like this is a destination that can become a home away from home.

Turkey



Alternatively, nearby Turkey can make an equally good winter getaway. Turkey has much more to offer in the way of attractions through having such a variety of resorts. Istanbul is filled with the energetic vibes of a famous city, especially during the festive months, though for a warmer and slightly quieter location you might want to look into going to somewhere like Dalyan.

Holiday Deals



Much like North Cyprus, Turkey holidays are also relatively cheap holidays. Both destinations use the Turkish Lira as their currency, and therefore spending works out less than if you were to use the Euro. These are also prime spots for getting some great holiday deals due to being out of season. To get the best bargains I would always recommend researching companies that offer North Cyprus holidays and Turkey holidays, also booking as early as possible.

From my experience, Direct Traveller were particularly helpful when looking to visit North Cyprus, as this is a destination they specialise in and can actually tailor make to your wants and needs. They found the cheapest possible prices for me, matching the other prices I’d found for the same destination.

So if you’ve had enough of the rain, and want to exchange the moody countryside or gloomy city for coastal stretches and luxurious hotels, stop hesitating and just go for it!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb