Luxury Holidays in Oman


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Kingston
January 17th 2014
Published: January 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Have you ever been to Oman? Make 2014 the year you go!

Sprawling desert, enchanting mosques, sandy coastlines and wonderful fragrances combine to make your Oman holidays a luxurious experience. While it might not be a place of non-stop hustle and bustle, Oman’s allure lies in its distinctive character and calm aura, which is created through its unspoilt landscapes and traditional architecture.

If such a description still doesn’t sway you and it’s liveliness you want, then to Muscat city it is.

The Magic of Muscat

As far as cities go, Muscat is one of the most underrated. This is both a good and a bad thing. Good, because it means that those visiting get to experience a city that isn’t swarming with zillions of tourists, but bad because not enough people are realising how much it has to offer.

There’s a contrast in the scenery here, through establishments being bathed in an exuberant quality alongside traditional souqs and magnificent skyline spires that symbolise the country’s beliefs and history. Visitors can experience luxury that is infused with the charm of the Omani traditional.

The Muttrah Souq is a must visit in particular, along with Sultan’s Al Alam Palace. There’s a mall also, which provides a glamorous setting for those looking to find modern products.

As night falls the city has a surprisingly energetic vibe, with a diversity of entertainment held within the Muscat hotels. There are restaurants that serve many different cuisines amidst charismatic ambiences, while clubs, bars and lounges are available to suit every kind of disposition, with some playing music that ranges from R&B and hip hop to Arabic and Indian.

If looking to do something that’s a little more unusual then you could always pay a visit to the Royal Opera House, cinema or theatre, while a late night stroll past the glowing domes overhead makes a lovely way to end any day.

Muscat holidays have an elegance to them that is sure to make those staying in the city feel relaxed and safe. It’s also a great location to be for the fact it’s so close to other popular destinations like Al Sawadi Beach, where you can go scuba diving and whale watching.

Oman Deals

There are some great Oman deals at this time of year due to it being the start of the New Year. It also makes a great destination to travel to during the colder winter months, as its temperatures tend to stay around 20-25 degrees Celsius.

It’s worth seeking out a company that specialises in Oman so that you can have some help in drawing up an itinerary and ensure you’ll get the most out of your holiday. I’d also add that Oman tours are an important part of this and a great way for exploring the country’s varied sites and landscapes. So, if you want 2014 to be a year of luxury – get booking a trip to Oman now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb