Home again home again clickety click


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Staffordshire
September 28th 2016
Published: October 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Well so ends a really rather excellent holiday.

No rush to leave in the morning as ferry not until midday so we set off at a leisurely pace and headed for the supermarket. Intermarche first where Bob filled one of his collapsible crates with bottles of wine. Then to Le Clerc where Bob filled the second crate.

Nicely stowed under the table until we get home and will keep Bob happy through the winter as he likes a glass of white with dinner 2 or 3 nights a week.

Jus d’abricot for me and a nice selection of little French puddings to keep us going until our Frenchness has worn off (with the suntan).

And so to the ferry port and onto the boat and away we went.

Another rather nice day with lots of blue sky. Can’t believe the wonderful weather we have enjoyed throughout the trip.

Only problem with catching the lunchtime ferry is that we have to drive home via M25 and M40 in the rush hour traffic which as expected was slow and heavy but at least there were no major holdups.

Bob elected to drive all the way without a stop. We got home quicker that way but were both pretty jet-lagged when we got there.

House still standing and undisturbed. Garden amazingly colourful and thanks to Chris next door for the nicely cut lawn.



Locked up Tandy, fed the hedgehogs with mealworms (who to my delight appeared for their supper within an hour of our homecoming), checked stack of mail for anything urgent looking then fell into bed.

Wonderful holiday. Must do it again soon..


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb