Last day of the trip so we spent it in Dieppe.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Dieppe
September 27th 2016
Published: September 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We are so lucky. Weather still good when we woke with a lovely blue sky, even if 10 degrees cooler than most of the days we’ve enjoyed.

Decided on trousers for our outing and a long sleeved top. A change from the suntop and shorts I’ve worn most days.



Kisbee excited to come out of the garage for a final trip and we wizzed down to the town, only 10 minutes away.

Bob found a handy parking spot, by a church which was handy later as the spire made a useful landmark when we wanted to find it again.

We’ve never really been into Dieppe before just to the campsite and the ferry port. Quite a pleasant town and a busy one.

We walked the length of the main shopping street and found a small produce market at the end where I bought violet garlic, enormous ones. I usually buy a stick of them but am finding it so difficult to chop things up at the moment I decided against it as I won’t be able to use so many.

The road came out at the harbour and we had a lovely stroll right round and along. Very scenic on such a lovely day.

At the end of the harbour is a long beach, pebbled and today, almost empty. Good for a stroll right back along it until we returned to Kisbee who was waiting patiently by the church.

We had lunch at what seemed to be the main café on the highstreet. Bob’s Croque Madame unfortunately underwent a sex change and became a Croque Monsieur as the egg was missing but we couldn’t be bothered to mention it.

Off then on Kisbee to check out the Intermarche wine selection and I bought a few goodies which fitted into Kisbee’s boxes. Then also checked a L’Eclerc and think we’ll probably stop at both in the morning on the way to the ferry.



Last swim and by amazing coincidence the people in the pool with us live on the same road we used to live on in the Forest of Dean. It’s a very small road, only 10 houses if that so really quite astonishing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0999s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb