Day 12


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lancashire » Lancaster
February 13th 2008
Published: February 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

You have to laughYou have to laughYou have to laugh

One of the rides that wasnt open but an ill wind etc... Julia wouldnt have been able to go on anyway...hahaha
Gday again everyone

After the best shower we both have had since we have been here we decided we would go to Blackpool for the day.

What a brilliant day it was too.

Though for the most part the attractions were closed we had a look at the South Pier and then while we were walking to the Central Pier we hailed a horse and buggy and took that for a ride. A really nice ride...

Central Pier had a few of their rides going and we went for a quiet ride of the large Ferris Wheel.

I won Jules a Stuffed Tiger on the darts.

We then went on to Madame Toussad's Great Grandson's Louis Toussad's Wax Works

In the late 1890's Louis got a bit jack of the way they were running Madame Toussad's so he went journeying in the provinces and started his own in Blackpool...It mightnt be as famous and the figures mightnt be quite as well made as Londons but it was fun and interesting.

We then went on to the Blackpool Tower which at the highest you can get to is 412 Feet off the ground, it also has an aquarium on the ground floor and numerous other attactions. On the first tower level which is 380ft high they have this Walk of Faith which is really just a glass floor with nothing underneath it...I couldnt undeerstand why anyone would be worried about standing on it but hey each to his own. Jules said that her dad would be happy she had finally gone up in the tower as when they were here last time instead of her and Sally going up it they spent the day in the arcades and thrill rides.

After such a long day of walking we went back and got the same horse and buggy ride for the 2 odd miles we had to get back to the car.

Another trip on the motorway brought us back to the hotel for another fine meal and a few drinks...(Love these motorways, 70 MPH speed limit but you sit on 80 and others still pass you as if you are standing still

We are going to the Lake District tomorrow which is apparently just up the road...

Love to all as usual

Mark and Julia





Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Blackpool towerBlackpool tower
Blackpool tower

From the South Pier


14th February 2008

Thanks Mates!
Heehee Thank you very much now I know you are there together! Heehee.. I also thought it funny that Jules was small... *giggles*

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb