It’s been a while


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Dover
September 25th 2022
Published: September 25th 2022
Edit Blog Post

25th September - It has been a while !

For the past two years my travel blogs have been virtually with Heygo (Previously Virtualtrips). I have travelled all over the world with them and it has been fantastic especially during the long lockdowns, but it is now time to get back to real time travelling.

Our initial plan was to be on a Baltic Cruise but with changes to certain Ports of Call & dates our original cruise was cancelled.

So we find ourselves on a cruise around the British Isles and then on to the Norwegian Fjords.

A lovely surprise letter arrived a few days before our departure, Saga have upgraded our cabin to a suite complete with butler, so Thankyou Saga.

A good journey to Dover with our friendly Saga chauffeur, an efficient & hassle free check-in.

Our cabin steward introduced himself but we’re yet to meet our butler.

Safety drill over, it was soon time to get ready for pre-dinner drinks. Starting to find our way around the ship but we have plenty of time tomorrow.

This evening we were allocated a table in the The Grand Dining Room but for the rest of the voyage we can choose from any of the five restaurants on board.

We were due to sail around 6pm but the refuelling vessel arrived later than planned so our departure was delayed, we have a day at sea tomorrow en route to Invergorden in Scotland, the Captain announced that the seas might become high after breakfast time so I think it’s time we battened down the hatches and get an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb