Familiarising ourselves with the ship - Saga Spirit of Discovery


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
September 26th 2022
Published: September 26th 2022
Edit Blog Post

26th September

A day at sea - familiarising ourselves with the ship.



The rough seas the Captain predicted didn’t happen, or if they did we were fast asleep!

It’s been fun this morning as like us, most of the other passengers are finding there way around the ship. We enjoyed breakfast in The Grill, a light and airy space with a great choice of food hot and cold & excellent service.



We found the specialist restaurants East to West (Asian cuisine), Coast to Coast (Seafood) & have made reservations for later in the cruise.



The lido deck was a little chilly so I don’t think many will be in the pool today and those beach towels won’t get used.



On each of the main staircase there are beautiful murals, so much detail in each one.



A relaxing day to enjoy a coffee in one of the lounges and then a light lunch in The Grill (already one of our favourite places to eat).



There were a couple of lectures, one was the History of The Tower of London by a former Yeoman of the Guard.



In the afternoon I thought I’d check out the craft class, not that sewing is my forte, but I was pleased with the cabin/cruise card holder I made and look forward to joining the group on the next sea day.



Time to meet up with David for a drink and a nice surprise when the waiter asked if we would like a scone ! - hmmm warm scone with cream and jam, just perfect.



Looking forward to tomorrow when we go ashore in Invergorden.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb