You beauty...they caught em!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 13th 2006
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Is that the biggest 3yr old in the world??Is that the biggest 3yr old in the world??Is that the biggest 3yr old in the world??

Here's mick sliding down the bannister in our building. The door directly behind him (beside the stairs) is the door to our studio.
I'm assuming by the number of worried phone calls, texts and emails that you guys have also been caught up in the extensive media coverage of the 'terror plot' to blow up british aircraft on their way to the US.
Well, since you're all wondering, its been no different here this week, than any other week so far. Apart from the 'terror plot' dominating all news coverage, all other transport has been running as usual. And except for Mick walking past Paddington police station on the morning of the arrests and running into a billion or so media reps camping out front, we havent noticed anything out of the ordinary....we're just glad they caught the terrorists!
So, there's no need to worry about us, we're still enjoying ourselves, still working hard (well...harder than the brits) and still planning as many more trips as we can possibly fit in before xmas.
So....on to the weekend. Well, we've been lazy schmucks yet again, and havent really done anything remotely interesting this weekend, but I have taken some photos of our stomping ground Earls Court, so you can now get a good look at where we live.
Saturday we went shopping again to pick
PoserPoserPoser

This is looking up our street. Our building is about half way along. And, it really does curve, its not an illusion!
up a 21st bday pressie for our good friend Mellie back home. This time we went into Kensington, its only 10 minutes walk from our place and has really good shops without the crazy crowds that covent garden and oxford street have. We also pigged out on a massive pizza hut meal then instead of walking off the excess food, we caught the tube back cos our stomachs hurt too much when we walked......hmmm, wonder if this is how the 'heathrow injection' starts???? hahah, it was a nice meal though.
Today we slept in way too long once again, then went to subway for lunch (Mick is so excited cos Earls court has every take away shop imageinable, except for Subway....that is until it opened up just around the corner from us last weekend...woohoo) then spent the day wandering around taking photos.
It really is a nice area, and after exploring numerous other suburbs, we both agree that we'd rather live no-where else in london.....especially not the place I had to visit on friday to get my NI (tax file) number. They sent me to the 'bronx' of london, an hour and a half away from where I work. (I
The good ole tubeThe good ole tubeThe good ole tube

This is the tube stop we use the most. Unfortunately its opposite a bakery that sells the best 'yum yums' and just begs us to visit it each day after work...yep heathrow injection coming on.
wont name the suburb incase they come after me) :-) Turned out, I was 10 minutes late so they wouldnt see me and I had to make another appointment which would be a month or so away. Arrggghhh, are centrelink type places the same all over the world??? Useless!! As you can imagine, I was less than impressed, yet politely said 'thanks......for nothing' before slamming the door (hey they dont call me a fiery red-head for nothing) Anyway, turns out thats the suburb where micks been working....with the 'hoodies' as they're called (guys that where hoods at all times) so he thought it was really amusing when I rang him up fuming about them cancelling my appointment, being lost in the middle of the bronx, and being the only white person within 20kms! Ahhh, the joy of it. The saffa guy (sth african) that mick works with is too scared to get out of the van half the time, yet Mick loves mixing it with the locals and reckons that knowing hoodies comes in handy cos they can get you anything, from a kettle to a kidney...hahahaha.
Anyway, my doggie charity has asked me to stay on longer once again
more nice buildingsmore nice buildingsmore nice buildings

more apartments on the cnr of our street. Nobody lives in houses around here, its just apartments.
(this is the longest 3 week contract ever) so I'm now there til mid september. Which means that we're putting off our Scotland and Ireland tour til then (about 5 weeks away). However, its a long weekend here on the 28th of August, so we're heading off to spain for a 3 day stint, which I cant wait for....woohoo!
Well, this really has been a blog about nothing, so I'll let you go an do more important things.
Til next time! :-)











Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Walking down our streetWalking down our street
Walking down our street

This is the way we walk daily to get to the tube to get to work. They love their petunias over ere.
Should I mug him???Should I mug him???
Should I mug him???

This is mick using the atm in our main street 'earls court road'
Wait..I'm not readyWait..I'm not ready
Wait..I'm not ready

Here's me oblivious to the fact mick is taking a photo. The guy holding the sign gets paid £5 per hour to do that....seriously!
Our localOur local
Our local

Our local pub, where we enjoy watching all sporting events and having a good ole fashioned english meal... whats with the yorkshire pudding??? (gravy in a pastry thing....weird)
A famous resident in our neighbourhoodA famous resident in our neighbourhood
A famous resident in our neighbourhood

Wow...who woulda thought, we'd live right near where Alfred Hitchcock used to live?? thats right up there with seeing ray martin I reckon!!
more nice housesmore nice houses
more nice houses

This is what the apartments look like in the little side streets...cute hey!
Me being......strangeMe being......strange
Me being......strange

Dont ask!! Obviously been hanging around mick too long. Atleast I've got the right apartment!
Our Supermarket!Our Supermarket!
Our Supermarket!

Incase you were wondering...here we can get a loaf of bread for 20p a pizza for 80p, ooh, and bananas are only £1.20 per kilo!
Dear Lord!Dear Lord!
Dear Lord!

This lovely church is right on the corner of our street. That's right we have, every takeaway shop imageinable, 3 supermarkets, atleast 30 restaurants, a hospital, 2 tube stops and a church all in our neighbourhood. What more could you want!?!


14th August 2006

happy anniversary
3 months today with out any major incidents well done who thought living in London could go so smoothly. Time flies when you are having fun. Congratulations Mick and Tan great effort. We Love you both lots

Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb