Robbie....is that you?!?!?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Chelsea
August 20th 2006
Published: August 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Should we knock on all the doors?Should we knock on all the doors?Should we knock on all the doors?

This is Chelsea Harbour. Apparently Robbie Williams lives in one of these apartments...we considered knocking on all the doors...
Well its the weekend again, gees those 5 weekdays fly, especially when you spend your entire time in cafes drinking cups of tea and getting paid for it!!....
I'm actually referring to mick not myself (I work enormously hard all day long)..... Micks picked up a 'supposed' landscaping gig, which involves arriving for work around 'whenever o'clock', heading straight to the 'caf' with his boss (short for cafe, the brits cant possibly say a full word, everything has to be abbreviated) sipping on tea, driving around to a few peoples yards and discussing how long these jobs can still be put off for (why do today what you could do in a few weeks time) head back to the caf for lunch with more tea sipping, driving around the streets for another hour, wave to a few hoodies and check out what stolen goods they're selling today, stop to trim a hedge so as atleast one client can verify that you turned up for work that day, then head home by early afternoon...... that is what happens 5 days a week!!

Anyway, this weekend we decided to try a bit of 'celeb spotting'again, this time we were after the big
Would this get his attention??Would this get his attention??Would this get his attention??

Hi my names Mick and I enjoy riding creatures made from stone!! Mick thought this stunt might get Robbies attention....
names, as the papers had revealed that Robbie Williams lives in an apartment not that far from us!!!! So we headed to Chelsea Harbour, a new estate about 20 minutes walk from our place to see if we could bump into Robbie himself.
Well, unfortunately, we had no luck with the celeb spotting, we watched with baited breath as the private helicopters came and went for several hours, but couldnt identify anyone aboard. Still, it made for a nice outing, and I'm sure our bodies will thank us for the exercise!

We also managed to stumble across the 'age festival' on the banks of the thames, which consisted of a hell of a lot of oldies, belting out tunes and giving dancing lessons. Three old guys were posing as a 'human poker machine' they each had a bucket of different fruits in front of them, they would spin their arms and make poker machine like noises (use your imagination), then pick out a piece of fruit without looking, if they all picked the same, the amused person watching would supposedly win a prize....haha, it was entertaining to say the least......not sure about the 90yr old drummer in one of
Stunned Mullet!Stunned Mullet!Stunned Mullet!

"I dont have time to pose, I should really be door knocking. Let me know if he's behind me."
the bands though, its pretty hard to hold a tune when you're asleep at the drum kit! :-)
Speaking of entertainment.....Our indian neighbours had a bit of a bday bash last night in the flat below us, turns out their favourite song (although they dont speak english) was 'I come from a land down-under' they all especially liked the bit about the 'vegemite sandwich' and felt the need to keep replaying it whilst singing it (with indian accents) at the top of their lungs, it once again provided us with some free saturday night entertainment!
So thats about it for our weekend, and its back to tea sipping and blackmarket shopping tomorrow! Its the long weekend next weekend, so we will have some more interesting pics for you, not sure if spain is still on the cards for this week, could be a detour on the way, as ryanair have just announced flights for £1, so who knows where we'll end up....I'll keep you posted!! Enjoy your week!







Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Maybe that's his chopper???Maybe that's his chopper???
Maybe that's his chopper???

We watched for much longer than I care to mention, just incase someone famous got out of one of the helicopters.
Here comes a jogger...maybe he's famous???Here comes a jogger...maybe he's famous???
Here comes a jogger...maybe he's famous???

More of chelsea harbour. We considered getting that joggers autograph anyway, just incase he was someone famous that we didnt recognise.
Famous footballers instead?Famous footballers instead?
Famous footballers instead?

We came across chelsea stadium. This is a pic of mick chuckin a tanty cos the game was sold out. Think there's a bit of foot stomping and sulking going on there.
Kid in a candy shopKid in a candy shop
Kid in a candy shop

He's cheered up cos he got to go through the sports store at chelsea football club.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb