alone again


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
April 20th 2005
Published: April 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

i can't believe contiki's over!! it was so much fun then ended so quickly. that's life i suppose. from the other day in amsterdam - i went to the anne frank museum. they've set it up really well. it's in the actual house where they lived and they have original artefacts and all these tv screens set up with interviews with people and footage from the war. it was very moving. lots of people though. the night life in amsterdam was not great so our last night was probably the quietest for the whole trip. lots of "coffee shops" but not many pubs. the last day on the bus was very very quiet. i think most people were kind of glad that it's over - time for some rest!! last night most people stayed at the royal national - i did too - and we had a quiet night saying goodbye to everyone. i stayed in a three bed room and there were 2 of us from the tour in together and i thought that was it - til this morning when the 3rd bed had been slept in!!! there's only 1 key per room so lucky i wasn't alone because they would've had to sleep in the corridor - coz there's no way i was waking up! today wasn't much fun. i had an induction day for strand nurses bureau so that i can officially start working whenever i want to. tomorrow i have an interview at 8.30 immediately followed by the induction for bluecare. yay!! we had a good group of people at the induction today so that was fun. i'm off to stay with mary for a couple of days from friday.

Advertisement



25th April 2005

so much pizza!
Hey lis, wow so much fun and so much pizza! Note to lissy: there's other food out there! I'm jealous it all sounds so exciting... bought any new outfits yet? ps don't keep us hanging any longer: did you get the grass stains out?! luv lil cuz - Camille
29th April 2005

more info
Hi Liss,- maybe you could paint a bit of a picture of where you are and how you got there - it must be quite a contrast to the frenetic pace of Act 1 - are you becoming a student of reional English accents - can they understand you? Say hello to Mary and all Love Dad - mum ans dad

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb