Celebrating Canada´s Birthday


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 1st 2006
Published: July 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Super-CanadiansSuper-CanadiansSuper-Canadians

Outfits courtesy of Julia (and her mom). We also had Canadian flag patches on our jean skirts but you cant see it.
Julia and I woke up excited for the big celebration day. We hung out with Stef in the morning as she was leaving for Spain that evening and planned to meet other fellow Canadians are the Maple Leaf (Canadian Bar) at 1. The tube had some major delays and closers but Julia and I showed up around 2 to find everyone in a jolly mood. We got a six pack of Canadian and began to join in. We met many people (many not even Canadian but had spent time there). We also came across some older Kappa´s, Sigma Chi´s and Gamma Phi´s from UBC. The bar was playing Canadian music the whole day (basically any popular Canadian artist) and Canadian sports highlights (like the 2002 Olympic gold game against the US). The did not play the England vs. Portugal World Cup semi-finals however. So Chelsea and I ran across the street to peek into another restaurants windows to find the score. In the end England lost and Julia and I headed home just after 8. We drank for 6 hours and we had to prepare for our seperate trips the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Tubing itTubing it
Tubing it

Julia walking through the tube station. Very few British folks even knew it was Canada Day... very unfortunate for them.
Worth 19 pounds??Worth 19 pounds??
Worth 19 pounds??

So the beer was extremely over-priced.. but it was well worth the little taste of home.
The Maple LeafThe Maple Leaf
The Maple Leaf

This was the scene to much celebration on July 1.
No Fun PoliceNo Fun Police
No Fun Police

Chelsea with just a handfull of the zillions of Po-Po out on the street. For some reason they decided that this year they would not allow the block party. Boo!!
Drunk FoodDrunk Food
Drunk Food

After drinking the day away, we headed home. However, Julia kept trailing behind people who were eating NcDonalds and asking them what they ordered and whether it was good. I snapped a shot of this chap.


17th July 2006

Crazy
oh my god... who is that crazy girl asking people what they ordered from Mcdonalds. who does that?

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb