Goodbye Cosmos friends


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 8th 2006
Published: June 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

A very early rise for an early departure for London. The bus ride to Calais is a couple of hours. Most people sleep the bus ride there. 21 days has been non-stop and tiring. We’re all glad though and have seen the best sights of Europe.

We arrive in Calais and I’m relieved to see the water is calm. Not like the huge waves we had coming over. I take some seasickness tablets from Con and cross my fingers. The ferry ride lasted an hour or so and I’m glad to say that I didn’t get sick. I’m not sure if it’s the tablets or the calm sea or both. Either way I don’t care! Back on the bus we drive from Dover to Euston where we say our last goodbyes on the sidewalk. Within minutes people have gone and taken taxis to their hotels.

Todd and I arrive at our hotel in Piccadilly Circus (Regent Palace Hotel). After a 21 day tour around Europe London doesn’t seem so intimidating and busy. For one everyone speaks English! You really take that for granted … being able to communicate with other people. We unpack our things and go out and grab some dinner. We walk towards Chinatown and find a Chinese place serving our Eastwood favourite - rice and 2 types of pork plus Chinese tea. We’re in heaven and it makes us think of home. To complete the meal we go in search for pearl milk tea. We stumble across a Chinese place and get it take-away. YUM! A bit pricey but totally worth it! With some grocery shopping at Tesco, we end up at the hotel again. Looking forward to having a sleep in, no wake-up calls, no breakfast times, or departure times. Just free time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb