Paris, city of smokers


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 7th 2006
Published: June 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ARGH! Everyone in Paris smokes!!!! Ok so not everyone, but I’d say every second person does! Not only do they smoke outside, they smoke inside, in cafes, restaurants, shops, everywhere!!! Being asthmatic and still sick it was so annoying!

Ok…back to Paris. Well Paris is definitely a beautiful city. Lots of pretty buildings, parks and statues. Very busy and chaotic. I wouldn’t rate it the most friendliest.

We had a morning city tour covering the main sites - Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Opera, the Louvre and Champs Elysees. Eiffel Tower was a highlight. I can’t believe how big it is. I knew it was big but its size really blew me away. Everyone went nuts taking photos of it and with it. We were just like Japanese tourists.

With the city tour over we were dropped off in the centre. Todd and I walked to the Louvre for some photo taking then had lunch (cheeseburger and hotdog haha) at a sidewalk café in front of the Louvre. How French!

With a little window shopping, we caught the transfer back to the hotel at 3.30pm. We had made plans with Michael and Luisa for dinner and souvenir shopping near our hotel at 6pm.

About 30 mins after arriving at the hotel, Michael, Luisa and Helen arrive. They had missed the transfer because they had got lost coming back from the Eiffel Tower. Truus had given them the wrong information and they had ended up off the Paris map. They had spent hours trying to get back!

Exhausted they were still up for dinner and souvenir shopping before the cabaret show at 8.30pm. We walked back up to the Montmartre area (about 35 mins walk) where all the souvenir shops were. It was hot and busy! We sped shopped and then grabbed a very quick dinner at Maccas. It was Todd and my first time at Maccas in Europe. We find out that a Quarter Pounder is called a Royal Cheese (as said in Pulp Fiction) and beer is served there. We all had Big Macs. WOW. YUM! It has been years since I had one and it was delicious! Or maybe it was because I was hungry, hot and tired?

Speed-walking to the hotel, we shower and dress for the caberet show at the Paradise Latin.

The cabaret show was awesome! We were undecided on this optional but in the end decided to go anyway. We’re both glad we did. The crowd was filled with tourists, locals and companies out for a night. We were on the balcony as we didn’t have dinner there while many others were on the floor below at the tables. The show had lots of segments both in French and English. Dancers were full of energy, limber, and naked. Well practically! It took some getting used to. I think the guys enjoyed it a lot  Sorry but you won’t see any photos here as we weren’t allowed to take any. You will have to see a Paris show yourself 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Lunch @ a French cafeLunch @ a French cafe
Lunch @ a French cafe

Cheeseburger & Hot Dog...so very French!


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb