All You Need is Liverpool


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 22nd 2012
Published: January 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

I just got back yesterday from Liverpool and Manchester! Liverpool was the best place ever!

I traveled with a girl I met here, Allie. We had a rough bus ride, which was around 7 hours. The bus got delayed and we did not arrive in Liverpool until around 10:30. It was very cold and rainy and we had no idea where we were going. We decided to try to save money and walk to the hostel but ended up having to ask directions at random hotels multiple times. We eventually found our hostel and it was alright. The owners told us that Thursday nights only a Beatles cover band plays at the Cavern. The concert ended at 12 but we decided to rush there and try to see them. We walked very fast to where we thought it was but got slightly lost. We finally found it at about 11:30 and went into the Cavern Pub. It was very nice live music and a great environment. We loved it but it wasn't a Beatles cover band! Then we realized that it was not like in the pictures and that we needed to be at the Cavern Club.

We walked across the street and knew immediately that it was the right place. We walked down about 5 flights of stairs and could hear the music the whole way down. It was also packed and had a great environment. The band was dressed up like the young Beatles, much like they would of dressed when they played at the Cavern in 1962. The Beatles had played there 292 times between 1961 and 1963. They played until around 1:30, which was lucky because they were supposed to leave at 12! They also did not make us pay to get in, which you are supposed to. When they played "Twist and Shout" everyone went crazy! It was one of the best times that I have had in the UK.

The next day Allie and I got up early and hung out at a coffee shop. We then made our way to the Beatles museum, which was fantastic. It was very interesting and one of the best museums that I have ever been to. We did not have time to go on the bus tour (meaning that I will have to go back), so we decided to get lunch at The Grapes, a pub that the Beatles used to hang out at. We then went back to the Cavern Club and listened to live music for around 4 hours. It was so much fun!

Sadly we had to leave, but we want to go back very soon. I need to go now but I will update about Manchester soon! Check out my pictures on Facebook!

Advertisement



23rd January 2012

Great adventure!
So glad you are doing this blog and we get to read about your fun adventures.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb