How not to start a coal bbq...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 22nd 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The cooksThe cooksThe cooks

Joel and Liam attempting to cook food over a coal fire...
Hey all

Tell me, what happens when your famous saffa tongmaster is missing so you haul in 3 recruits - 2 kiwis and an ozzie - to cook a legendary team woody coal bbq?

Firstly, the men throw a bag of ready-light coal onto the brick bbq. After a few seconds when that doesn´t work, they throw on some twigs that are lying around and think that maybe they should add some more coal. So on goes 3 bags full of ready-light coal.

The coal starts to smoulder with a small fire in one corner. Convienced that the grand fire wont get any bigger, they rush off to by some lighter fuild and throw that on the bbq. In the mist of all this, two fine young lasses (a kiwi and a canadian) tell the lads that they didn´t need to put so much coal on it and that they needed to fan the fire in order to get it going (which they do with some fine English magazines and the fire slowly starts to build into, well an actual fire).

Determined that the women wouldn´t take over too much of their manly attempts to be a
Vodka jellysVodka jellysVodka jellys

Don´t know what we were talking about but those vodka jellies were sure good!
man and cook a bbq, they decided to put the food on while there was still a little bit of daylight left for them to see what they were doing. Unfortunately this was their downfall as they didn´t allow the coal to heat up (or whatever it is meant to do) for an hour, leading to charcoaled sausages and meat.

However, due to everyone´s beer googles at this point (thanks to the vodka jellys that Brooke & Mel made), everyone seemed to be happy to eat what was dished around, along with the chicken wings that weren´t burnt as Mel had cooked them in the oven and could see what she was doing there.

When the tongmaster finally turned up due to delays from being at Ascot, he couldn´t believe that the kiwis and ozzies didn´t know that you only needed one bag of coal and not four! Anyway the tongmaster cooked the last bit of food that was left and created the blazing fires that he is known for at team woody! (thanks Niel!!)

Liam, Joel & Tristan - thanks for the giving me a great story to tell and I´m sure you did a better
Big blue and the ladyeesBig blue and the ladyeesBig blue and the ladyees

I know we can fit more people on big blue, especially if they are in Joel´s vertical position... Brooke, Shaz, Spanner, Kate and Nat provide the pretty faces....
job than I would have!

As for the rest of the week, it was a manic one in old Londontown - I had a week to pack up my life, say ´see ya later´to everyone as well as enjoying a few bevvies in the English sun that really didn´t want to stick around for too long!

I had a great week spending the days cruising around Hyde Park with Claire, visiting King Henry´s VIII´s old haunt - Hampton Court Palace with Kate & Penny and finally getting to the top of London by checking out the views from the Gherkin with Anna, and catching up with others along the way...

But the best part was definately the team woody bash and I´m sad that I won´t be around to enjoy anymore for sometime. I know the tongmaster and his lovely crew will keep the legend living for quite some time....

Till next time,
Brooke

PS you can see more pics on facebook (thanks Amanda for putting these up!)
Album 1 - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=39436&id=688867722
Album 2 - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=39450&id=688867722


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

EveryoneEveryone
Everyone

Everyone (including the bbq cooks) on big blue (famous team woody couch)


Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb