London Eye


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
March 10th 2008
Published: March 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

LondonLondonLondon

The capsual
London Eye


Both Leah and I were very excited about going on the London eye we lined up enthusiastically. While waiting it was revealed that we both previously thought the London Eye was a giant ferris wheel. Dale was of course laughing at that revelation. Up close we could see that large groups of people stood in capsules as they went 360 degrees around.

We learnt that it took 7 years and skills of hundreds of people from 5 countries to make the London Eye. Finally it was our turn, the view was great, and Leah was excited to point out famous land marks to Dale and me. In the capsule below us we could see people having a party; I found out that you can hire it out. I want to have my birthday party in it! The capsule didn’t shake at all considering it was a windy day. It took half an hour to go around the full circle. Leah wanted to go around again. I was glad that we choose a fine day to go because the light hit the buildings creating long shadows. You can see 40 kilometres in all directions it was good to see a bird's eye view of the land. The London Eye can carry 800 passengers per revolution - equivalent to 11 London red doubled-decker buses. Lucky it was not that busy when we went.






Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace from a distance
Big Ben (again)Big Ben (again)
Big Ben (again)

Can you see I like the Big Ben


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb